How can we help you?
When will your SELT centres be operational?
Currently, we anticipate our SELT centres being operational from 1 July 2020, though it should be noted that this date is subject to change based on the evolving circumstances of COVID-19. In some global regions, our SELT centres may open sooner than 1 July 2020, dependent on local government/state guidelines. As such, and in order to service potentially increased demand for SELT testing, alongside ensuring compliance with local policy and guidelines, we are actively coordinating our resumption plan.
In regions where local restrictions continue to remain in place beyond 1 July 2020, any applicants that have scheduled their SELT exam with us will be supported to re-schedule their booked exam slot. Our Incident Management Team continues to meet daily to review current information on the spread of COVID-19, as well as governmental responses and guidance to initiate necessary actions. This process will continue for the foreseeable future.
Our SELT exams are offered through Prometric’s Test Centre network. To prepare for Test Centre re-opening and in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Prometric has created an internal Channel Resumption Team (CRT) to determine operational and Health & Safety procedures necessary once Test Centres re-open. Comprised of various cross-functional leaders throughout the organisation, the CRT is responsible for developing, executing and communicating out the resumption initiatives, as well as identifying and providing resolutions to challenges that might occur during the resumption process.
As part of the CRT’s efforts to prepare for Test Centre re-openings, all of the below criteria are being taken into consideration. The criteria are subject to change based on the evolving circumstances of the pandemic:
- Governmental Compliance: We will ensure compliance with national, state, and local government policies
- Test Centre Cleanliness: Test Centre operations have been fully reviewed and Prometric continues to reinforce expected actions at all Test Centres around the world that will mitigate the risk of spread of the virus at Test Centre locations.
- Customer and Employee Safety: Test Centres will:
- be fully equipped with necessary TP supplies, including cleaning materials and other protective materials for staff.
- continue to be given guidance with respect to daily Test Centre maintenance and recommended cleaning procedures.
- permit test takers to use surgical face masks and gloves (these items are subject to visual inspection upon entry into the Test Centre and clear guidelines are published regarding their permitted use).
- enforce social distancing practices throughout the check-in and testing process, as per local guidance.
- provide all Prometric Test Centre staff with protective masks to help reduce the risk of infection.
- limit points of physical contact between staff and test takers.
- provide a clear, easy to read list of expectations for conduct at the Test Centre.
- Enacting strict social-distancing practices: There will be necessary measures put in place at re-opened Test Centres. To help to ensure the health and safety of Test Centre staff and customers when a Test Centre is re-opened, social-distancing policies during test operations will be enacted. These policies and our plans will be defined on a country by country basis in compliance with applicable government guidelines.
Why are you announcing this when the centres aren’t open?
Our announcement enables individuals who still seek to live, study and work in the UK to continue their own appraisal of SELT providers, in order to choose a provider that can best cater for their SELT needs. For example, LanguageCert offers a SELT voucher option, whereby individuals can purchase a SELT voucher now and schedule their exam at a later, future date. By providing information now regarding our SELT services, Test Centres and purchase options, applicants are better prepared and informed, particularly in readiness for when SELT Test Centres re-open.
How will visa applicants stay up to date on the ongoing situation and when SELT centres are opening?
This can be done in several ways – Visa applicants can:
- check our dedicated COVID-19 website page here which will continue to be updated as the situation evolves. If any SELT Test Centre locations are able to open before 1 July 2020, this information will be published on our dedicated COVID-19 web page, and, our online SELT booking system selt.languagecert.org/ will be updated. The booking system enables visa applicants to search for our SELT Test Centre locations and view available exam slots.
- contact our Customer Service Team 24/7/365 for the latest information, guidance and support.
- for English Test Centres refer to the government’s Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for UK visa applicants and temporary UK residents web page which sign-posts individuals to the relevant SELT provider websites.
Individuals that have purchased a LanguageCert SELT voucher can be assured that we will contact them as soon as we are confident their preferred Test Centre is preparing to re-open. This will enable them to book an exam date and time slot that meets their needs.
What is a SELT?
Which SELT exam do I need to take?
LanguageCert SELT exams offered for UK visa purposes are:
- LanguageCert International ESOL SELT (Listening, Reading, Writing & Speaking) – a single-branded four-skill language test accepted for work and study visas. This assessment solution is based on the Ofqual-regulated International ESOL (Listening, Reading, Writing & Speaking) exam suite, which is recognised internationally and is available at the following CEFR levels: B1, B2, C1, C2.
- LanguageCert International ESOL SELT (Speaking & Listening) – an Ofqual regulated two-skill language test designed specifically for visa and immigration purposes, available at levels A1, A2, B1. The level and type of the exam you need to take is determined by the type of visa you require.
Why choose LanguageCert?
LanguageCert is committed to its mission of developing and delivering high-quality English language skills assessment and certification that enhance the lives, education and career prospects of candidates across the world. We offer internationally recognised English language qualifications through a secure and smooth exam process that allows you to focus on what matters the most, that is your UK visa exam! We are here to provide flexible exam dates and times at short notice, produce fast, reliable exam results and offer friendly support.
We also provide complimentary LanguageCert International ESOL certificates to candidates that meet the Pass requirements of the respective qualifications in their SELT exams.
It’s the first time I take an exam through LanguageCert. How do I register?
I already have a LanguageCert Account. What do I need to do to register for my exam?
I cannot access my LanguageCert Account. What should I do to reset my password?
How does COVID-19 affect your UK visa English language exam?
Where can I take LanguageCert International ESOL SELT exams?
Can I take LanguageCert International ESOL SELT exams online?
How can I book LanguageCert International ESOL SELT exams?
You can book your exam here.
How can I reschedule my exam?
To select a new date and time to take your SELT exam, simply log in to your LanguageCert Account, select "Overview", find the exam you wish to reschedule and select “Change date” which is displayed under "My exams". Please note that you can reschedule your exam free of charge up to 72 hours before its start time. An administrative fee will be charged after this point.
How can I prepare for my LanguageCert SELT exam?
What do I need to do on my exam day?
What kind of personal ID is required?
Acceptable proofs of identity include the following: Passport, Valid travel document with photograph (excluding Emergency Travel Documents), Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), Biometric Residence Card (BRC), EU ID card or Government ID card (only accepted in the country it was issued).
Do I keep my personal belongings during the exam?
Do I take all parts of my exam on the same day?
The LanguageCert International ESOL SELT (Speaking & Listening) exam is a short session during which both skills are tested.
If you take a LanguageCert International ESOL SELT (Listening, Reading, Writing & Speaking) exam:
- when registering for your exam, you can select to take the Speaking component on the same day with the Listening, Reading, Writing component or within a period of 14 days
- the Listening, Reading and Writing section of the test are always completed immediately after each other and with no break
What is SELT the exam format?
The LanguageCert International ESOL SELT (Speaking & Listening) exam is a short online conversation with a live interlocutor.
The LanguageCert International ESOL SELT (Listening, Reading, Writing & Speaking) exam consists of two components:
- the Written component (Listening, Reading, Writing), which is taken on a computer
- the Spoken component (Speaking), which is an online interview with a live Interlocutor
Are bathroom breaks allowed during an exam?
Breaks are only allowed during the Reading and Writing parts, but not not during Listening, Speaking or the Listening & Speaking exam.
What is the passing score of my SELT exam?
How will I receive my results?
How long does it take to get my results?
What is a Unique Reference Number (URN)?
Why do I have to provide my personal data to LanguageCert?
Who has access to my personal information?
Our expertly trained customer service is ready to answer your questions and solve your problems 24/7 available up to 24 hours a day and 7 days a week via contact form, chat, email or phone.